Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Custom Sencha Touch Themes - Part 2

Success: I followed this tutorial to get started with SASS and Compass. In a nutshell, you write some SASS stuff, compile it using Compass and it will give you a stylesheet to replace the sencha-touch.css stylesheet. Follow the instructions here. Note: make sure you check ALL the paths in config.rb. The instructions might have an incorrect path for images_dir depending on your directory structure. It happened to me so beware.

Because the tutorial is very bare bones about what Sencha custom theming is capable of, check this out too. Slide 17 has a complete list of Sencha Touch SASS variables. It unfortunately does not include an exhaustive list of Sencha mixins. I don't understand SASS very well at this point, but my sole attempt at extending an existing Sencha mixing resulted in a compile error so I gave it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment